English Idiom

English is first must-mastered language today. Sometimes we get dizzy with the Idioms. Now let's learn together about Idioms. The following Idioms below :
Put the glasses means pass off, undercover
"add up to something" means "equal" ex: Your purchases add up to $205.32
back something up" means "reverse" ex: You'll have to back up your car so that I can get out
"back someone up" means "support" ex: My wife backed me up over my decision to quit my job
blow something up" means "add air" ex: We have to blow 50 balloons up for the party.
break down" means "get upset" ex: The woman broke down when the police told her that her son had died.
break something down" means "divide into smaller parts" ex: Our teacher broke the final project down into three separate parts
 "break in" means "force entry to a building" ex: Somebody broke in last night and stole our stereo.
"bring someone down" means "make unhappy" ex: This sad music is bringing me down
bring someone up" means "raise a child" ex: My grandparents brought me up after my parents died
work out" means "be successful" ex: Our plan worked out fine.
wear off" means " fade away" ex: Most of my make-up wore off before I got to the party
"warm up" means "prepare body for exercise". ex: I always warm up by doing sit-ups before I go for a run
wake up" means "stop sleeping" ex: We have to wake up early for work on Monday
use something up" means "finish the supply" ex: The kids used all of the toothpaste up so we need to buy some more.
try something out" means "test" ex: I am going to try this new brand of detergent out
try something on" means "sample clothing" ex: I'm going to try these jeans on, but I don't think they will fit.
 "turn up" means "appear suddenly" ex: Our cat turned up after we put posters up all over the neighbourhood.
"turn something down" means "refuse" ex: I turned the job down because I don't want to move
"turn something off" means "stop the energy flow, switch off" ex: Your mother wants you to turn the TV off and come for dinner.
turn something on" means "start the energy, switch on" ex: It's too dark in here. Let's turn some lights on
think something over" means "consider" ex: I'll have to think this job offer over before I make my final decision.
tear something up" means "rip into pieces" ex: I tore up my ex-boyfriend's letters and gave them back to him.

You got it? haha take it slow. I still understand too just like you do..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(Harusnya) Bayarlah upah sebelum kering keringatnya

Ijen-Baluran dalam sehari

Wisatawan China Perpanjang wisata di Bali akibat Wabah Virus Corona